Altarum is seeking a Systems Interface Manager to work as part of a proposed multi-disciplinary team supporting the Military Health System (MHS) in Falls Church, VA.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing support for the client’s system architecture by maintaining the interface management processes. This includes all of the client’s components throughout the product lifecycle.
• Managing the client’s interface control processes and plans.
• Maintaining inventory of client interfaces within the Interfaces Management Spreadsheet that documents the status of any existing interface specification documents, or documents that are under development as assigned by the client
• Producing Interface Requirements Documents, Interface Control Documents and Interface Data Descriptions by compiling the content of interface requirement or specification data packages provided by client developers and others.
• Maintaining the interface management document repository which consists of a physical central document repository for all interface specification documents, procedures and agreements.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to provide technical management and direction for problem definition, analysis and requirements development and implementation for complex systems in the subject matter area.
• Ability to provide workable recommendations and advice on system improvements, optimization and maintenance in the following areas: Information Systems Architecture, Automation, Telecommunications, Networking, Communication Protocols, Software, Electronic Email, Modeling and Simulation, Data Storage and Retrieval.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or other related discipline with at least four years’ experience.
• Alternate qualifications include (a) advanced degree with five years of experience of which at least three must be specialized, or (b) no degree is required with at least twelve years of experience of which at least eight years is specialized.
• Must be a sole U.S. Citizen and eligible for a security clearance.
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...