Bachelor of Science
This is a management level position responsible for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the IT department including employee related issues.
- Enforce company policies and procedures as a member of management for all employees.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Determine the goals of IT within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to MIS operations.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in MIS technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them. Assures responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Capture, monitor and analyze computer usage data, recommend and implement policies, software and hardware to provide maximum resource utilization in a cost-efficient manner.
- Assume the leadership role in developing and maintaining a systems disaster recovery plan.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of current applications and trends in MIS technology.
- Ability to analyze information related to computer technology to assist in directing company management in the selection of software and hardware to meet the needs of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Must meet physical requirements and pass substance abuse screening as may be required.
EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in related field required.
- Previous management experience required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- May require periodic travel to DMG clinical sites