Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Systems Navigators provide outreach, coordination, support, and case management services to Soldiers and Families and their Exceptional Family Members at Army Garrisons worldwide. An Exceptional Family Member can be a child or adult family member with a physical, emotional, developmental or intellectual disorder requiring special treatment, therapy, education, training, or counseling. Your role will be to assist Army Soldiers and Families in navigating through the system of Army, Community, State, and Federal agencies that provide support or benefits. If selected, you will be trained to provide outreach to Soldiers and families, to explain the benefits of this program, and to act as a source of referrals to Army, Community, State, and Federal programs available to them. You will develop relationships on post and with community based agencies and resource organizations that can assist with the wide range of needs present in such families.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Army Community Services and Army Medical Center EFMP Managers to identify Soldiers and Families with Exceptional Family Members and coordinate EFMP services on the Garrison.
• Brief Soldiers and family members on available programs, policies, procedures, and benefits.
• Provide case management support to families participating in EFMP.
• Develop relationships with Army and Community agencies able to provide support and make referrals appropriate to needs.
• Support Garrison events planned for the benefit of EFMP families.
• Gather data to support program metrics on the health and success of the local program.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
• Bachelors Degree, directly related to case management (behavioral sciences) and/or delivery of human services.
• One year of social coordination and administrative experience.
• The ability to work at an accelerated pace.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and Internet Explorer 7 or above.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Type 25 words per minute.
• Familiarity with military/National Guard is desirable.
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 8 months ago