This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company e-Mail, Right Fax, Desktops, Provide Helpdesk Support, Windows Enterprise Servers, Citrix Applications Server Environments, Internal Wireless Networks and OCS (Microsoft Unified Communications) w/Voice over IP communication networks, ensuring that data communication and associated server infrastructure capabilities are functional and reliable at all times. Will work with internal department staff and other CalOptima staff to assure data communication needs are met. Coordinate with external vendors and personnel to resolve technical problems and acts as a project leader to technical staff. Perform other duties as assigned by Manager of Information Technology that may/could be outside of your technical area of expertise.
- Install Servers and their associated equipment to support company business as necessary.
- Repair, servers and other data communications equipment.
- Respond to, update, and close trouble tickets generated by the internal Customer Service department.
- Provide support for Operations, especially with network monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- The Network Administrator will be familiar with how to correctly fault isolate equipment issues and use telecom hand tools in a safe and effective manner.
- The Network Administrator will be responsible for implementing the network specifications and procedures developed by the Sr. Network Administrator.
- Report any potential problem areas that may adversely affect network performance to the Information Technology Manger.
- Gathers network performance statistics and create documentation on system configuration.
- Assist in monitoring network/system performance by identifying system and network events, security and environmental alarms.
- Design, configure, install and maintain all network components (LAN/WAN) including routers, firewalls, VPN configurations, hubs, switches, and CSU/DSU.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Perform on-call service during off-hours as needed.
- Assist with development, implementation and testing of data contingency/disaster recovery planning.
- Enforce policies, procedure and standards and insure their conformance with information systems and company objectives.
- Prepare status reporting required by management.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Build and upgrade NT servers in an enterprise environment.
- Provide technical support, hardware and software installs and troubleshooting in various operating systems environments.
- Work on a team, organize tasks, communicate effectively, and troubleshoot.
- Handle internet technical issues (connectivity and usability).
Experience & Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive data communication experience, especially in the area of e-mail management, wireless networking and VOIP networks.
- MS Word, Excel, Access, and Visio.
- Windows XP administration, with Enterprise Server administration and network connectivity including DHCP, DNS, WINS, and CITRIX.
- Server repair and installation of all components to an operational state.
- FTP/Telnet, UNIX/LINUX, Internet, TCP/IP experience are essential to this position.
- Cisco/Juniper Firewalls, Cisco routers, BGP, TCP/IP, RIP, EGRP.
- MS Proxy Server and MS Exchange.
- MS Unified Communications.
- Right Fax.
- Wireless Networking.
- LAN/WAN topology and software including servers, switches and routers.
- Utilization of LAN analyzers.
- Configuration and installation of DSU/CSU routers, switches, concentrators and cabling equipment.
CalOptima is an integrated health care system that administers health insurance programs for Orange County children, low income families,...