As a senior member of Carpathia’s 24x7 system operations team you will be directly responsible for the successful implementation and support of our customers Linux/Unix and Microsoft platform solutions. Communication with customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
Carpathia Hosting, Inc. is a fast paced environment focused on the customer experience and your ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details will be critical to your success.
- Linux/Unix and Microsoft platform support.
- VMware and Citrix XenServer support.
- Configuration, troubleshooting and remediation of clients’ Linux/Unix and Microsoft based solutions on physical and virtual platforms.
- Engage with customers to identify solutions for complex challenges.
- Assist in the development of team knowledge through training, mentoring and coaching.
- Work closely with the network team to troubleshoot issues.
- Interact with vendor technical support groups to resolve problems and bugs.
- Manage your assigned tickets to ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction.
In addition to general Microsoft Office and Visio experience we require:
- Background in operating and administering Linux/Unix operating systems
- Background in administering Microsoft server operating systems
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Experience with IIS and leveraging the Microsoft Platform
- IIS 6, 7, 7.5, 8.0
- Experience with LAMP configurations
- Experience leveraging Active Directory including DNS, NTP, Group Policies and Trusts
- Experience with storage technologies.
- Experience with cluster implementation and support
- Experience with automated deployment technologies
- WDS, Kickstart, Jumpstart, etc.
- Virtualization experience preferred
- Hyper-V, VMware, XenServer
- OS Hardening Experience in accordance with compliance standards (PCI DSS / DISA STIG)
- Shell scripting and PowerShell experience preferred
- Optional – Experience with MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- At times the candidate may be required to lift objects up to 75 pounds, though this is not a primary job requirement.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Server+ / Security+ (Required)
- Linux/Unix – RHCE / SCSA / SCNA / LPIC
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Equivalent expertise considered
- Five+ years of progressive system engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS / BA in a related field.
- Ability to execute flawlessly in stressful situations
- Credit checks are conducted for this role
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
To apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Carpathia Hosting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Carpathia Corporation is the parent company for two complementary businesses: AC Lordi Consulting and Peopleflex Accounting Professionals....