Description of Group:
Responsible for Daily Technical Operations including Application Management and Support for all NASDAQ OMX provided services. This includes 24/7 Technical Operations and Application Support, managing Incidents for both internal and external customers, installing application updates and maintaining operational documentation and procedures.
Typical Job Function:
Independently performs real-time monitoring of systems for software/hardware errors, failures and capacity issues; troubleshoot, diagnose and collaborate with other analysts and development team, using deep expertise and knowledge of industry trends.
Independently performs startup and shutdown of core systems, leads recovery procedures, scheduling, backups, and monitors batch processes.
Using deep expertise and knowledge of industry trends, independently troubleshoots complex order entry and market data connectivity issues with clients, exchanges, market centers, and network providers.
Using deep expertise and knowledge of industry trends, independently reviews system capabilities, department workflow, and scheduling requirements and evaluate for efficiencies and improvements.
Independently configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
Manage security of operating systems.
Design / Architect the SCOM infrastructure.
Be proficient in SCOM admin scripting and leveraging automation to perform daily tasks.
Act as SME for specific area of knowledge, document and share expertise.
Exhibit urgency and respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience in Data Center, Trading, Computer, or Network Operations.
- Experience Required: 10+ years.
- Special Qualifications: Certificatoins relevant for the role.
- Experience setting up SCOM infrastructures including agent migration, installing/upgrading etc.
- Ability to run predefined SQL queries and interpret output
- Deep understanding and real world experience of IT operations and support
- Demonstrated strength in troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Technical breadth and understanding of the Microsoft platform
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-Motivated, resourceful and fast learner
This is a regular full time position located in New York. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.