Sr. Software Configuration Engineer
Manage software version control, enforce corporate and departmental configuration management policies, write comprehensive engineering orders, generate release media, perform software builds, attend FSAT readiness review meetings, attend FSAT completion review meetings, organize software releases, coordinate releases for different FSAT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for managing multiple software releases sources using source control tools such as Clear Case, and PVCS.
2. Responsible for managing the EO release process. Prepare EOs and release them through TeamCenter to meet customer delivery schedules.
3. Provide customer software builds for on time customer FSAT deliveries.
4. Manage assigned FSAT software deliveries all the way through EO release.
5. Provide LLS software builds for on time LRU ATP deliveries.
6. Assist engineering department with EIR processing, using tools such as Clear Quest.
7. Provide training to engineering department on SCM processes.
8. Assist SCM in the updating/maintaining of SCM tools, and SCM processes documentation.
9. Makes suggestion for ways to improve SCM productivity.
10. Enforce Corporate and Dept Configuration Management Policies.
11. Attend or participate on SCM audits when appointed by SCM Manager.
12. Assist with the training of new SCM employees.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university majoring in information systems, computer science, engineering, or physics in progress and at least a minimum of five years of related experience.
SPECIAL / TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Good written/oral communication skills
2. Organized and detailed oriented.
4. Work with no, or very little, supervision
5. Working knowledge of WORD/EXCEL/WINDOWS NT/XP
6. Above average knowledge of Clear Case for Windows/Linux to support source control under Linux
7. Clear Quest for Linux to support software problem tracking.
8. Familiar with PVCS for Windows to support source control.
9. Working knowledge of Visual Basic/Access/Perl to support SCM tools
10. Familiar with Crystal Reports, Linux Shell scripting, CGI, HTML.
We are an Irvine, California-based manufacturer of In-Flight Entertainment systems. The company has nearly 60 world airlines and as customers as well as Boeing and Airbus, the airframe manufacturers. Our products and service offerings is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after each flight. For 2012, the future looks bright.
“Make it Brilliant” is our mantra, which reflects our passion to be the BEST. We are a bunch of hardworking people that care about customer partnerships and continually introduce new innovation that inspires. We always push the envelope!
Our parent company, Thales Group, is a global leader in aerospace. Our products and systems are everywhere on aircraft and in airports.
Visit our website at www.thales-ifs.com and www.thalesgroup.com
For over 40 years, Thales UK has played a major part in the Thales Group’s global vision to make people, property and information...