to learn more.
The Systems Strategy Analyst works with Systems Strategy Managers to foster the innovative use of technology by working in partnership with business area staff to define the systems, reports, training, documentation, basic work processes, and other tools needed to enhance their contribution to TNC’s organizational goals. S/he is knowledgeable about the strategies, goals, actions, and work processes of general business areas, and is competent to consider most business implications of the applications of technology to the current business environment. S/he has a basic understanding of technology platforms and standards such as those in use at TNC.
The Systems Strategy Analyst assists in formulating and defining systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Work includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary under direction of more experienced Systems Strategy staff. S/he also works closely with the Technology Infrastructure Office to facilitate the planning, manage the delivery of solutions, and measure the value the solution adds to the Conservancy’s objectives, conservation strategy, and mission. S/he acts as a liason between end users and the programming team.
Individual will work in close support of System Strategy Managers on technology projects in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Internal Communications. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the System Strategy Managers to elicit and translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements which are traceable and testable.
- Creation of “as-is” and “to-be” business process documentation in the form of data flows or process diagrams.
- Support the testing process of maintenance activities and projects by developing test scripts that effectively maintain the desired business requirements. In addition to creating test scripts, may be an additional resource for test script execution.
- Confirm all the test scripts trace back to requirements to ensure all requirements have been met.
- Work with internal testing team to automate testing if applicable.
- Working with the team to review status of projects and participate in planning
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years experience as a business professional.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs required
- Strong knowledge of technology and how it can be used to increase productivity.
- Strong project management, time management, organizational, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Practical knowledge and/or experience in functional areas being supported desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required and other desktop office automation tools desired.
- General awareness of the applications in use within the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Internal Communications (e.g. Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft HCM & ELM and Microsoft SharePoint).
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 40991, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 19, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 24 months ago