to learn more.
The Systems Strategy Manager works with one or more assigned TNC business areas to endorse technology as integral to organizational effectiveness and growth, and to instill its use and value as a fundamental component of our corporate culture. S/he is the TIS account manager of the assigned business area(s) and serves as their interface to TIS as required. Under general supervision, s/he fosters the innovative use of technology by working in partnership with business area staff to define the systems, reports, training, documentation, basic work processes, and other tools needed to enhance their contribution to TNC’s organizational goals.
This specific position will have primary responsibility for TNC’s External Affairs business area and will generally support fundraising and constituent relationship efforts across departments including government relations, major giving, planned giving, membership, grants and analytics.
In order to successfully support TNC’s fundraising areas and External Affairs department, s/he will have excellent customer service skills and demonstrated experience in business analysis. Familiarity with a customer relationship management/fundraising database, general fundraising practices from individuals and organizations and data modeling is a plus. International experience is also a plus.
S/he is knowledgeable about the strategies, goals, actions, and work processes of the business area s/he works with and may be included in its planning process. S/he is competent to work in most phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. S/he has a strong understanding of the technology platforms and standards of TNC.
S/he formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research, fact-finding, and analysis of business and user needs combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Work includes analysis of business and user needs, translating needs into proper system requirement documentation, and validating the solution meets those requirements. Also works closely with other TIS staff to facilitate the planning, manage the delivery of these solutions, and measure the value the solutions add to the Conservancy’s objectives, conservation strategy and mission.
S/he collaborates laterally with other TIS staff to identify synergies and leverage solutions across business units, and may guide and advise Systems Strategy Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience as a business professional.
- Experience working with business area staff.
- Experience in defining and validating business requirements.
- Experience with work requiring organizational, project management and logistical skills.
- Experience with desktop office automation tools.
- + years of progressive experience in an information technology related environment.
- Strong knowledge of technology and how it can be used for business innovation and increased productivity.
- Excellent project management, time management, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Full spectrum business analysis capabilities to elicit and analyze the goals and objectives of the business unit s/he supports, translate those into requirements for technology and process change, communicate requirements to stakeholders, and validate the resulting solutions.
- Experience with application testing.
- Practical knowledge and/or experience in functional areas being supported desired.
- Proficiency with desktop office automation tools required.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41268, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on
July 26, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard