Under general supervision, assures the Suddenlink Communications networks will support the level of service and feature sets expected by our telephony and/or video and/or data customers. Must assure the technology used supports the Suddenlink business plan and positions the network for future growth in capacity, features, and capability. Communicate effectively with corporate engineering and all regional disciplines.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the company value
• Supports local and wide area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as system software, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers
• Work in an environment adaptability, quick learning and excellent problem solving skills
• Installation and turn up of customer premise data network equipment.
• Requires good technical skills involved in complex system performance, interconnection, design, transmission, equipment, or traffic analysis and support activities
• Participates in the design, provisioning, and operations of local and wide area network
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical applications
• Coordinates with Corporate and Regional Engineering for installation of routers, bridges, switches, etc. as required.
• May provide project supervision of contractor installation of equipment.
• Coordinate with planning personnel responsible for other serves to assure optimum utilization of shared network resources.
• Assist in the establishment of and adherence to network performance measurement and goals
• Interface between departments to support orders and other installation, maintenance, testing or repair requirements
• Maintains and secures company vehicles and equipment
• Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer
• Completes projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred with 1 to 3 years’ experience in installation, design, support and troubleshooting in an enterprise or service provider network environment or the equivalent in education and experience.
• Must have current knowledge of statistical analysis and mathematical trending.
• Requires good hands-on technical knowledge of voice, video and data operations, products, and services.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must have a valid state driver’s license and a good driving record
• Must be proficient in use of standard computer hardware and software systems such as spreadsheets, word-processing, and database programs.
• CCENT, CCNA, or IPEP certifications preferred or demonstrate equivalent work experience and ability to show competency.
o Must have beginner to intermediate level understanding of : QOS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, Spanning Tree, Rapid Spanning Tree, IP Multicast, HSRP, VRRP, LACP, Ether channel, ACL
o Must have familiarity with: Network Monitoring tools, SNMP, Netflow, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, Telnet, NTP
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to effectively communicate and receive detailed or important information and instruction.
• Ability to occasionally exert up to 50 lbs. of force in order to move objects.
• Strong familiarity with telephony, data, and video products and services.
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
• Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• Ability to travel distances requiring overnight stays
• Ability to use reasoning to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
• Ability to communicate and receive detailed information and instruction
• Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
• Work performed near AC and DC power
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
Suddenlink - 22 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...