The Infrastructure Support Manager will be responsible for the operating activities and management of the server support team. This team encompasses a wide range of skill sets and support responsibilities such as UNIX and Windows Specialists who also work with Microsoft Exchange, Citrix, E-biz, storage…etc.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide direction for the technical staff of whom some are onsite and some are virtually employed throughout the country in various locations. This is a position for someone who is a manager first yet also understands the technical aspects of what the team is doing. The Infrastructure Support Manager will need excellent reporting and metrics knowledge and be able to utilize any innovative and/or traditional ideas on staffing and employee development; someone who understands performance management and can keep a team on track and motivated.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Leads the design and installation of identified solutions including project management and team leadership.
- Provides leadership, technical assistance, and guidance with request for proposals, benchmark studies, bid specifications, and solution development.
- Consults with customers regularly to identify needs and develop and implement proposals.
- Provides work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work, efficiency, and economy.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with executive management to obtain necessary data required for planning activities. Prepares reports on department activities for executive management.
- Strong Windows 2003/ 2008 and Unix understanding.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ITIL experience or certifications desired.
CompuCom - 17 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...