NEP, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is the #1 provider of total broadcast solutions in the growing live sports and entertainment markets throughout the U.S. and U.K. The Company designs and delivers customized, mission-critical mobile broadcast services to its clients through superior engineering expertise, innovative technologies and state-of-the-art equipment that is the largest and most diverse in the industry. NEP’s experienced team of engineering professionals and its relentless dedication to its clients’ success have resulted in longstanding relationships with many of the world’s largest and most influential television networks, production companies and live event organizers.
Founded in 1986, NEP pioneered the evolution of the live broadcast industry by recognizing the value it could provide to clients by providing a greater level of engineering expertise and service than could be provided in-house. Since its inception, NEP has developed a unique, complementary set of capabilities by leveraging its talented professionals, developing in-house technologies and solutions and executing strategic acquisitions. NEP’s unparalleled engineering expertise, service and scale have positioned the Company as the only provider capable of delivering the required level of service for some of the highest profile live sports and entertainment events. NEP also provides production services and control room functions for entertainment events and unscripted broadcast programs such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno .With a track record of consistently delivering the highest quality of service, NEP is regarded as the industry’s ‘gold standard’. NEP’s blue-chip client list includes all of the major U.S. networks and cable channels, Sky Broadcasting in the U.K., as well as entertainment programs such as The Daily Show and Conan O’Brien .
NEP has a winning culture that aligns the team around a common Purpose focused on achieving client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial growth. This Purpose is supported by strong company Values centered on delivering superior service.
Our goal is to be industry leaders, dedicated to our clients’ success, engaged in creating a great place to work while delivering sustainable financial growth. In these efforts, we will operate in a manner that leverages our scale to service clients yet remains flexible and entrepreneurial based on our company roots.
NEP is owned by Crestview Partners, a private equity firm headquartered in New York, and management. For more information, please visit our website at www.nepinc.com .
The purpose of this position is to provide a systems administration and management to the various Unix based systems of our information technology infrastructure that currently supporting 800+ employees along with technical support to employees and contractors within the company across all divisions and locations. This is a temporary, part-time position.
The purpose of this position is to provide Tier 1 technical support to employees and contractors within the company across all divisions and locations.
· Serve as the initial point-of-contact for troubleshooting software, Windows (XP, Win7), Windows Server, Mac, and printer problems in a mixed OS environment.
· Generate, maintain and resolve trouble tickets for issue and responses in a timely manner.
· Provide phone, in-person and remote support to employees and contractors in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows and MAC desktop applications, along with other 3rd party and in-house applications.
· Prepare new laptops and desktops for deployment to offices and field staff.
· Support employees by installing, configuring, and deploying software packages on company hardware.
· Responsible for ongoing maintenance, management and tracking of company owned hardware and software
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s, Technical or Bachelor’s Degree in IS, IT, Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of PC support experience, combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Experience with PC configuration/upgrades and repairs
· Must have experience supporting Microsoft and Mac desktop operating systems and applications.
· Must have experience supporting Microsoft Server operating systems and applications.
· Knowledge of troubleshooting network issues (LAN/WAN)
· Knowledge of UNIX (variant) operating systems preferable.
· Must possess excellent communication skills.
· Must be w illing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
NEP Broadcasting, LLC - 18 months ago