The Systems Support role is responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of large, highly utilized servers to maximize reliability and recoverability. Installs, configures, and maintains the server environment. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware and applications software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical user and operational support for the server environment.
- Analyzes, recognizes and troubleshoots problems with server hardware and applications software.
- Follows established procedures to detect, diagnose, and report all application related problems with servers.
- Installs new software releases, systems upgrades, installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Performs maintenance on user accounts. Adds, removes and modifies user accounts as necessary.
- Assists with server upgrades.
- Performs systems backup and recovery as planned.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required.
- At least one year of experience as a server administrator in an application server environment, i.e. UNIX / LINUX or similar environment
- Requires 1-2 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associates working on client accounts must possess A+ certification
CompuCom - 2 years ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...