Org Marketing Statement
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Corporate Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory, Investment Management, Wealth Management, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
BBH and its affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employers
The Systems Technical Leader is reponsible for formulating and defining enhancements or changes of Securities Lending systems based on both user needs and a good understanding of the application, business, operational and/or industry requirements. This is a senior technical resource for BBH's Securities Lending Systems team. The individual designs complex systems, resolves challenging problems and advises other staff members in technical design. The Technical Leader also functions as liaison between technical and business user groups and external clients. The individual interprets users' needs and translates those requirements into detailed specifications supported by BBH's development methodology. The individual also identifies design and development options and communicates the pros and cons of these to both business and technical audiences. The Technical Leader participates in all phases of the systems development life cycle – from project scoping, planning and requirements definition to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
Other key activities include:
· Liaise extensively with external or internal clients
· Analyze client requirements, identify potential roadblocks & gaps and deliver outputs according to an agreed project plan.
· Deliver high level estimates of efforts required to deliver the solution to the client
· Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
· Produce detail-level functional or operational requirement documentation
· Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the major functions and features of the Securities Lending systems.
· Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, dataflow diagramming, screen design, etc.
· Review and assist in development of project plans, project workflows and resource assignments in conjuction with Project Manager.
· Facilitate the definition of functional requirements by working with programmer analysts and users in prototyping and design sessions.
· Identify, mediate, resolve and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, and/or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of financial services experience, Securities Lending preferred.
· Knowledge of and prior experience with the following technologies:
o JAVA, J2EE, JSF, Seam, Hibernate on Websphere application server.
o UNIX, Korn Shell scripting
o ORACLE, DB2, PL/SQL
o XML, XSL, XSL-FO
* Strong interpersonal skills is also a must as this candidate will be working with several teams in this role and will need to work in a collaborative way to influence others to his ideas and to be responsive to his needs.
· Demonstrated ability to introduce ideas and innovations into his work.
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong group management and project governance skills.
· Strong presentation skills (both oral and written) and a track record of preparing presentations and delivering them to senior audiences.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Knowledge of full life-cycle methodology of systems development.
· Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Previous experiences in a similar position within the Securities Lending sector a plus.
· Previous technical experience with distributed technologies a must.
· Previous exposure to Custody and Swift messaging.
· Ability to work in a pressurized environment with tight deadlines a must.
· Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint and ability to use standard desktop tools effectively (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office).
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious private banks in the US. Founded in 1818 and known for its...