The Technical Communicator identifies, analyzes, designs, develops, and manages the ARGO documentation for delivery to customers and implementation projects as defined by the Program Managers. The Technical Communicator also edits online and print communications.
• Develop documentation plan and development schedule for identified documentation projects.
• Manage documentation projects effectively to meet deadlines and quality standards.
• Proactively escalate project issues, roadblocks, and scope changes as they occur.
• Work with ARGO subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop quality documentation.
• Write and publish documentation in the appropriate medium.
• Provide editing support for assigned documents, as requested.
• Practice established documentation development and maintenance practices, set forth in the Product Documentation Team Guide.
• Develop working relationships with other internal groups to aid in developing and maintaining documentation.
• Research changes to documentation and update existing documents, as required.
• Solicit feedback for measuring the documentation’s effectiveness.
• Advise other departments on user interface and writing standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Writing and editing: Communicate information effectively to customers, technical staff, managers, executives, and sales/marketing.
• English language: Know the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Technical communication standards and practices: Understand the standards and practices of quality technical communication processes.
• Technical: Apply the most appropriate technology for the documentation type.
• Information gathering: Understand and apply contemporary information gathering, analysis, design, verification, and management practices; know information-gathering techniques and the software development life cycle.
• Information organization: Structure or classify multiple pieces of information.
• Synthesis/reorganization: Reorganize information for a better approach to problems or tasks.
• Analytical: Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details for general understanding.
• Active learning: Work with new information to grasp its implications.
• Interviewing and questioning: Talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask probing questions to gather pertinent content.
• Active listening: Use active listening techniques to gather information and delve deeper for more information.
• Speaking: Clearly and concisely convey information to others for effective communication.
• Observational: Use observation techniques to determine other sources of data for information gathering.
• Interpersonal: Negotiate technical and end-user documentation priorities and resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
• Modeling: Represent information in graphical forms that augment textual representations.
• Writing: Exemplary writing skills
• Software: Proficient using MadCap Flare or Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Office Professional suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), and graphic or image capture tools (SnagIt)
• Work Experience:
• Typically, 6+ years’ experience as a technical communicator with demonstrated proficiency in duties and skills and proven leadership and project management traits
• Experience working in a software development environment preferred
• Experience in the banking/financial services industry preferred
• Requires minimal supervision and direction
Degree in technical communication or related field; can be substituted with technical communication experience in a software development environment
The candidate will work at our corporate headquarters in Richardson, TX. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 12 months ago