ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
The Technical Communicator develops ARGO documentation for delivery to customers and implementation projects as defined by the Team Lead. The Technical Communicator also edits online and print communications and completes maintenance projects to learn best practices and use the authoring tool.
Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Follow documentation plan and development schedule as defined by Technical Communicator Team Lead.
• Manage documentation projects as directed to meet deadlines and quality standards.
• Proactively escalate project issues, roadblocks, and scope changes as they occur.
• Work with ARGO subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop quality documentation.
• Write and publish documentation in the appropriate medium.
• Provide editing support for all document types, as requested.
• Practice established documentation development and maintenance practices, set forth in the Product Documentation Team Guide.
• Gather information from internal resources through product demonstrations, interviews, emails, or phone calls.
• Develop working relationships with other internal groups to aid in developing and maintaining documentation.
• Research changes to documentation and update existing documents, as required.
• Solicit feedback for measuring the documentation’s effectiveness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Writing and editing: Communicate information effectively to customers, technical staff, managers, executives, and sales/marketing.
• English language: Know the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Technical communication standards and practices: Understand the standards and practices of quality technical communication processes.
• Technical: Apply the most appropriate technology for the documentation type.
• Information gathering: Understand contemporary information gathering, analysis, specification, design, verification, and management practices and apply them in practice; know information-gathering techniques and the software development cycle.
• Information organization: Structure or classify multiple pieces of information.
• Synthesis/reorganization: Reorganize information for a better approach to problems or tasks.
• Analytical: Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources for general understanding and escalate conflicts.
• Active learning: Work with new information to grasp its implications.
• Interviewing and questioning: Talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask probing questions to uncover essential requirements.
• Active listening: Use active listening techniques to gather information and delve deeper for more information.
• Speaking: Clearly and concisely convey information to others for effective communication.
• Observational: Use observation techniques to determine other sources of data for information gathering.
• Interpersonal: Assist the Technical Communicator Team Lead in negotiating technical and end-user documentation priorities and resolving conflicts among project stakeholders.
• Modeling: Represent information in graphical forms that augment textual representations.
• Writing: Exemplary writing skills.
o Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Office Professional suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
o Experience using MadCap Flare, Microsoft Visio, Adobe RoboHelp, and graphic or image capture tools (SnagIt) a plus
• Work Experience:
o Experience working in a software development environment a plus.
o Banking or financial services industry experience a plus.
A Degree in technical communication or a related field is desired. Education requirement can be substituted with relevant technical communication experience in a software development environment.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 19 months ago