1. Position Overview
The Systems Technician is a new role in KEJ and reports to Garrett Cooper, Solutions Architect. The position will be supporting our plant-wide traceability system (Valor MSS) and other ancillary systems (vBulletin, TargetProcess, HelpDesk, etc). This person will participate as a technical resource on to support business projects and be responsible for achieving ROI.
The person in this role will spend the majority of their time testing / deploying upgrades and patches to production facing systems, supporting users of production facing systems, entering service request and enhancement requests, documenting processes for using the plant wide traceability system and creating training material. To be successful the candidate must be self motivated and a quick learner, possess good communication skills, have a positive attitude, and be able work independently but be a team player.
Basic Background Requirements
This position will require:
2. Key Performance Objectives
- Basic knowledge of Operating Systems WXP, W7, Server 2008 R2
- Basic knowledge of data base systems: Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Basic knowledge of web servers (IIS and Apache)
- Familiar with business and manufacturing processes
- The ability to work with all levels of the organization (Operators, engineers, leadership)
- A current undergraduate or equivalent work experience.
- Short Term: (0 to 3 months)
- Setup a test / training lab
- Participate in minor traceability system upgrades (Valor MSS)
- Documenting systems in use at KEJ
- Support production and enter service requests / enhancement requests
- Test backup/recovery plan
- Midterm: (3 to 6 months)
- Develop training curriculum
- Develop ways to better support production and translate their issues / ideas into actions
- Participate in major traceability system upgrades (Valor MSS)
- Other (ad hoc priorities):
- Aid in integrating Help Desk web software into our Agile development and bug tracking tools
Our Share Owners , Kimball is committed to providing Our Share Owners an excellent return on their investment. Profits are the ultimate...