***INTERNAL POSTING ONLY***
Job Title: Systems Technician
Location: Decherd, TN
Requisition #: 1172
In addition to Systems Technician duties, initially the position will be required to:
Ultimately this role will transition into System Maintenance at the new facility.
- Oversee the Network Installation at the new facility .
- Support Systems Maintenance / Engineering Application Installation / Testing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to production device alarms and production related calls in a timely and efficient manner. A typical production call could consist of interfacing with the customer, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing electronics, coordinating efforts with other departments, monitoring system performance after repairs, and finalizing communications with all affected parties.
- Complete log entries for production calls, logging actions taken, observations made and relevant pass-down information.
- Monitor and maintain spares inventory of production related equipment. Notifies NTS Supervisor of deficiencies that he/she is not able to remedy.
- Maintain assigned production systems to achieve optimum performance and reliability.
- Complete Work Orders – estimate labor, order and receive parts required. Schedule and coordinate with other parties to insure work is completed on time and as requested
- Set up, configure, build and repair computer and other hardware equipment. Windows administration as required.
- Update timesheet daily. Complete and submit prior to 6:00 a.m. each Saturday.
- Use proper protocol for routine problem reporting and concerns, sufficient reaction time should be allowed prior to escalation. These should always be addressed to your immediate supervisor first, never to the customer.
- Participate in maintaining documentation and procedures, including updating existing documentation and identifying and drafting new documentation where appropriate.
PREMIER System Integrators, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package; Incentive bonus, full medical & dental insurance, health savings account, flexible spending for both medical and dependent care, short and long-term disability, company paid holidays and training, 401K matching, and life insurance.
- Two year college or university program certificate; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees or experience could include computer, electronics, industrial studies and / or engineering.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Control Panel and Task Manager. Utilize PC to interface with and configure network devices. Interface with Network monitoring systems. Other applications as required by site.
- Ability to read and write, analyze and interpret daily logs, tech tips and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to apply common sense as well as solve complex problems. Ability to logically work through production problems and make reasonable decisions based on information gathered and/or provided.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers, co-workers, supervisors and management.
- Must work well in a team and as an individual. Excellent personal and communication skills are necessary.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Shift hours depend on shift availability at time of hire.
- Internal applicants must have exhibited good judgment and sound reasoning during his / her tenure as an employee.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without restrictions. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.
- Must complete online application.
Founded in 1991 to provide turnkey system integration services for manufacturing facilities in the southeast, PREMIER System Integrators,...