The Vermont Country Store is looking for a high-energy Systems Technician to continue to fuel the growth and resiliency of our systems and technical infrastructure. Join an outstanding technical team to deliver modern technology to a company that delivers a connection to the past to its customers. Work with leading technologies to ensure maximum uptime for the business while delivering on-going upgrades to infrastructure throughout the company. The right candidate will seek out challenges and deliver quality results.
The Vermont Country Store offers a unique work environment with many progressive benefits in a rural setting for those who enjoy the outdoors and country lifestyle.
A Systems Technician at The Vermont Country Store is a member of the Technology and Business Solutions (TBS) team whose primary contributions are maintaining and supporting the strategic assets of the technology infrastructure. The Systems Technician aids in the design, development, and maintenance of the technology infrastructure and assists in assessing and integrating systems and applications to further technology stability and growth at The Vermont Country Store. Responsibilities also include providing analysis of hardware and software functionality, reporting of system capabilities, maintaining security and integrity of systems and acting as a technical liaison to a variety of vendors and partners. The Systems Technician works closely with the Systems Administrator and Senior Systems Administrator to support and maintain a well-integrated and reliable systems and applications infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Physical and Virtual Server Maintenance & Support
- Setup, installation, integration, and configuration of new or existing infrastructure components
- Oversight for at least one of the following key infrastructure components:
o Management of Dedicated and Shared Storage
o System and Data Security
o Backup and Recovery of Systems and Data
Other Skills, Abilities, Attributes
- Assist in implementing and supporting Business Software systems
- Assist in developing and implementing Disaster Recovery Procedures
- End User training and training recommendations
- Systems integration
- Insuring company adherence to Software Licensing Policies
- Asset tracking and reporting
- Operating systems upgrades
- Virus protection
- New technology research and recommendations
- Preventative maintenance and reporting
- Resolving a variety of technology related issues as assigned through Service Requests
- The Systems Technician is part of the TBS team that will share “on-call” rotations for response to after-hours and weekend issues and emergencies related to technology issues.
- The ability to work unsupervised with a high degree of integrity and responsibility.
- The ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end users and project sponsors in a manner that allows them to make informed decisions regarding their usage of technology for The Vermont Country Store.
- The ability to proactively and concisely, document and communicate project statuses to their supervisor and relevant project sponsors within other departments.
- Demonstration of strong and consistent time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to work compatibly with all members of the Technology and Business Solutions team and end-user community.
- The ability to recognize and communicate to the appropriate person(s), opportunities to prevent known system, security or process issues which impact The Vermont Country Store.
- Drive, desire and initiative in attaining greater knowledge of existing systems as well as new technology which will contribute to the competitive advantage of The Vermont Country Store.
- The ability to accept a share of responsibility in the direction and movement of their own career path.
- Flexibility in acceptance of assignments and direction.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or equivalent work experience (3-5 years in a technical support role with demonstrated growth in systems and applications specific support)
- Experience working as part of a team on technology projects
- Excellent computer and documentation skills with Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word Power Point, and Visio)
- Knowledge of XML, SharePoint, Telecommunications, Networking, WebSphere MQ, Microsoft SQLServer, Oracle, VMWare, or Cofio a plus
JobsInVT.com - 17 months ago