GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
This is an opportunity for a key Organization Leader to provide leadership to our systems engineering team. Lead a team located in Huntsville, AL, delivering state of the art qualified subsystems suitable for military applications. The team includes systems, software, mechanical and test engineers, as well as a tech writer and a reliability/safety expert.
- Lead team engagement, creating a work environment that fosters career growth and job enrichment.
- Deliver on commitments, including project schedule, project cost, and product cost.
- Manage the team base cost budget to plan
- Drive business growth by delivering new COTS subsystems that improve mil/aero product vitality and meet the needs of the global marketplace
- Use DFSS and Lean to drive process improvements
- Foster cross-site and cross functional interaction that ensures that best practices are shared and business issues are solved quickly.
- Partner with program management to set the program deck and to accommodate new opportunities.
- Participate in GPB and Session II planning.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a senior engineering leadership position
- US citizen or a US Person as defined by ITAR regulations.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Master’s Degree in a technical field
- BB certified
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple concurrent and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in an organization.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Excellent project analysis, scheduling and estimation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proven track record interacting with customers.
- Secret security clearance
- Energized by high profile / high impact tasks and assignments.
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...