Under direction of the Information Systems Manager, a Systems Analyst provides support, implementation, and maintenance of the District’s JDEdwards EnterpriseOne system. The applications supported include general ledger, human resources, payroll, inventory, accounts payable, purchasing, capital project tracking, and a variety of PC software. A Systems Analyst provides ongoing informal and formal end-user training; acts as a liaison between district staff and consultants, acts as a systems administrator for various district systems; and performs related duties as required. This position provides sole support for the District’s JDEdwards EnterpriseOne system and as such requires a well-rounded knowledge of the applications used as well as a lesser knowledge of technical issues.
Meets with users to analyze and document information system needs; reviews new applications and programs and their impact on business operation. Analyzes and defines the objectives and specifications for new programs and systems based on user requirements; designs, develops, and modifies programs; implements new modules of business system; converts applicable data; ensures integrity of conversion; determines all system-related variables and user-defined codes; oversees development of reports.
Provides support for various business modules including general ledger, accounts payable, job costing, payroll, human resources, inventory, purchasing, timekeeping, report writing and other supporting applications. Provides data analysis and reports as required by management.
Implements, maintains, and supports systems related to business applications; researches bugs and issues reported by users; determines best method for issue resolution. Installs new releases and program fixes for system applications and hardware; maintains user profiles; provides database administration and maintenance; maintains security of databases and applications.
Acts as the systems administrator for the mini-computer system, an IBM AS/400; implements new hardware/software and program fixes; performs operator functions; manages peripherals.
Trains users in JDEdwards EnterpriseOne applications, timekeeping, report writing; provides technical assistance to users.
Acts as liaison with consultants regarding upgrades, reconfigurations, installation of new systems and troubleshooting problems.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE OF AND PERFORMANCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Accounting and business procedures;
- AS/400 operating system;
- PC/mini computer industry and trends;
- PC products such as Microsoft Office;
- Windows Operating Systems;
- Implementation methodology;
- Systems design theory and methods;
- Database design and structure;
- Steps required for implementing a complex software application;
- Project management;
- Troubleshooting and maintaining distributed systems.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Analyze and define complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and provide solutions; Conduct needs analysis and provide solutions that meet the business requirements;
- Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals, and other documents in performance of assigned tasks;
- Manage projects including budgeting, planning, organizing, implementing, documentation, and ongoing support;
- Provide complex technical support including analyzing, reporting problems, applying fixes, package deployment, and testing;
- Communicate both orally and in writing and at the level appropriate for the audience;
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees, consultants and vendors.
- Sufficient eyesight to read fine statistical reports and standard text and data on computer terminal screens;
- Ability to speak and hear at normal conversational levels in person and over the telephone;
- Manual dexterity to write legibly and to use calculators, computer terminal, and other general office machines;
- Ability to lift and carry up to approximately twenty-five pounds; reach, bend, or crouch to use files and records.
Las Virgenes Municipal Water District - 2 years ago