Provide day to day Systems/PC technical and installation support such as hardware and software installation and setup. Help users resolve hardware and software problem on-site or remotely over the phone and track problem/resolution. Assist in network administrative task such as network user account management and server administration. Assist in monitoring and maintenance of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Provides resolution to helpdesk user requests for hardware and software support.
• Research and troubleshoot to resolve complex, escalated issues.
• Assists supervisor in updating procedures, technical problems and priorities.
• Performs duties with minimal supervision.
• Install/configure/support hardware (desktop PC's, IP phones, printers, monitors, scanners, video conference equipment, and other peripherals)
• Install/configure/support Windows client computers and software such as windows XP, windows 7, MS office suite 2007, 2010, Adobe, LIMS, lab instrumentation software, and other misc. applications.
• Help users resolve hardware and software problem on-site or remotely over phone using WebEx support center or VNC.
• Daily administration of the Gig Harbor Network infrastructure including Servers, Routers, Hubs, Switches, and workstation PC’s.
• Administer VMWare server environments.
• Monitor and maintain the network, including servers, printers and client computers, preventing and resolving any issues/errors as needed.
• Responsible for account setup and maintenance in windows server 2008 AD, Exchange 2010, Cisco Call Manager, Zeacom , fax, and database servers.
• Track problems, issues, resolutions, asset inventory, etc.
Qualifications and Guidelines:
• 5-6 years related work experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with desktop PC troubleshooting, installation, configuration, and maintenance in a business LAN environment.
• Minimum of 3 year experience supporting Microsoft products, i.e. Windows XP, 7, Office 2003/2007/2010, Outlook/Exchange environment.
• Good Understanding of TCP/IP networks
• Strong communication skills and be able to effectively interact and quickly respond to the remote (phone support) & on-site user's needs.
• Self-motivated and eager to learn & acquire new skills.
• Ability to follow written instructions with 100% accuracy.
• A+ certificate/MCP or equivalent experience.
• MCSE a big plus.
• Windows XP and 7.
• Windows server 2003 and 2008.
• User account maintenance and administration in Server 2008 AD, MS Exchange 2010, MS SQL server, SharePoint 2007, 2010.
• DHCP, DNS
• Cisco IP phone configuration, Cisco Call Manager, move, add, changes.
• VMware virtualized environment.
• Backup solutions such as Veeam and DoubleTake.
• SAN solutions EMC, Compellant
• Client device/Network security
• Able to install hardware (desktop PC's, laptops, printers, monitors, scanners, digital cameras, and other peripherals)
• Able to install/configure software (network clients for Windows, utilities, productivity tools such as MS office suite, Outlook client, applications software, etc.)
• Familiarity with Cisco phone configuration, Cisco Call Manager, move, add, changes.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Sufficient mechanical dexterity in order to be able to use tools for fixing PC/monitor and other peripherals.
• Able to access, install or remove equipment under office desks, closets, and racks.
• Able to read normal printed instruction manuals.
Metagenics, Inc. is a life sciences company and leading developer and manufacturer of science-based nutraceuticals and medical foods sold to...