My client offers the most innovative sharing platform for today's social audiences. Their suite of solutions for advertisers and publishers inspire people to do more of what we believe is the foundation of digital life - to share.
They make it easy to share ideas and get to the good stuff online. Reaching over 400 million users across 1-million+ sites across the web, they are changing the economics of online publishing by creating a market of influence across the Web. They allow users to share content from anywhere to anyone while simultaneously enabling publishers and advertisers to tap the value of sharing. They rank in the top-5 of ComScore rankings for U.S. audience reach.
They have experienced significant growth both in adoption by site publishers and share actions by users. The business end involves developing informational insights from data that can be used in online advertising models. The company has grown revenue 1000+% since last year, doubled revenue each quarter to date, and is on track to record $10+million in fiscal 2011. Their advertising customers include Toyota, Best Buy, Victoria’s Secret, Macy’s, and Hertz to name a few.
Based in Palo Alto, CA, their team comes from companies such as Yahoo!, AOL, LinkedIn, Google and Amazon. The company is privately held with funding from Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Blue Chip Venture Company, DFJ Mercury, Reservoir Partners, Illinois Ventures, Queen City Angels and RPM Ventures.
My client is currently searching for a seasoned systems engineer to join our technology operations team. Since inception, they exclusively operate in the Amazon EC2 cloud. With explosive growth, the company is one of the largest deployments of EC2 and uses the latest open-source technologies to manage vast amounts of data while servicing web traffic loads of 10+ billion hits monthly with high availability and performance.
They seek a hardcore technical systems engineer who is capable of operating at and above this scale to support our continued business growth. As a company that thrives on innovation, is focused on customer value, and delivery using agile methods, the role demands an individual who is passionate about Big Data/NOSQL, Hadoop, systems engineering, fault-tolerant computing, and operating discipline based on data and metrics.
Technologies They Use:
Amazon Linux, Chef
Perl, Python, Ruby
- Manage our compute and storage infrastructure on AWS. Ensure high availability with adequate monitoring and instrumentation.
- Maintain and extend operational processes to insure high availability and service of our entire technology stack – front-end web traffic and back-end big-data infrastructure (EC2, S3, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive)
- Implement best practices to manage utilization, optimization, and monitoring of our cloud services.
- Provide front-line data processing services based on incoming web traffic data. This function is the most critical element of the company’s assets since it forms the basis for all downstream insights from our data.
- Participate in oncall rotation to handle production issues.
The ideal candidate is talented across a variety of disciplines including: System Administration, Network Operations, Software Development, Build and Release Engineering, Performance Engineering and Site Operations. Must be willing to absorb new technologies quickly and become expert in it. Prior experience in building, monitoring and maintaining high-volume, low-latency systems.
GreenFoot Technologies - 13 months ago