Responsible for directing and monitoring contractor operations, examining material quality and comparing operational functions with contract specifications. Also, responsible for inspecting transmission and distribution electric facilities to ensure system reliability and safety.
Essential Job Functions
1) Examine construction/maintenance work performed by contractors.
2) Ensure contractors follow GP&L policies and procedures.
3) Obtain ROW/clearances on transmission/distribution line circuits.
4) Inspect transmission corridors and structures for reliability.
5) Prepare documentation indicating approval or rejection of material or craftsmanship.
6) Interpret engineering design/ construction procedures and instruct contractors in resolution of technical problems.
7) Investigate customer complaints and initiate satisfactory resolution.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- 8 or more years experience with Electric Utility or as a Journey Line Technician
Licenses & Certifications
No Licenses/Certifications required
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works at construction sites; frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards; majority of work performed outside.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
8 years related experience
City of Garland - 15 months ago