Job Title: TB Project Assistant
Reports to: TB Project Manager / Russia Medical Officer
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit corporation based in Boston, Massachusetts, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, research, and advocacy, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those in most in need, and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH currently has programs in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Burundi, the Dominican Republic, and Boston.
Job Description Overview
The TB Project Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting administrative and financial aspects for the TB work of the Clinical Program Team (CPT) of PIH. The primary focus of the TB work will be to provide administrative support to the TB Care grant, but will also involve general support to the TB Unit and to the Clinical Program team at large. While this position will receive day-to-day supervision from the TB Project Manager it will involve work across the CPT: with the program, operations, HR, and finance teams in Boston; and with PIH sites and partner institutions.
The TB Project Assistant will provide direct administrative, financial, and programmatic support to the Russia Program. The Project Assistant will help manage financial tracking and reporting, assist with grant preparations and reporting to donors, provide communications assistance, and coordinate travel plans and schedule meetings.
Start date: July 2013/ASAP
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the TB Project Manager and the Russia Medical Officer with day-to-day operational tasks.
- Ensure project compliance with USG rules and regulations.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update the documentation filing system.
- Assist in the preparation of financial and programmatic reports and budgets, including monthly tracking of expenses and revenues.
- Schedule meetings, support telecommunications, manage calendars and arrange travel as needed.
- Participate in project activities by developing promotional materials, providing research support, editing documents, and handling routine communication.
- Assist in organizing trainings and workshops (i.e. webinars, seminars).
- Assist in process of closure of the PIH representation in Kazakhstan.
- Track progress towards project deliverables.
- Liaise between the Russia finance manager, accountants and Boston finance teams.
- Performs other duties appropriate to this role as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, the Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Health or a related field.
- Familiarity with policies, rules and requirements associated with US government grants and cooperative agreements and direct experience in working with grant-related budgets.
- Efficient and organized work practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Comfort with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and need to juggle competing demands in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Russian language skills: Russian reading and writing required.
Partners in Health - 15 months ago