Job Title: Therapeutic Behavior Services (TBS) Worker
Classification/Grade: Non-Exempt/Grade 8
Site/Program: Moreno Valley, Morongo and Covina TBS Programs
Reports To: Team Leader
Approved Date: December 1, 2011
Under the direction of Team Supervisor or Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts, t he TBS Worker provides one-on-one support and behavioral interventions to a child/youth receiving Therapeutic Behavioral Services. The TBS Worker works with members of the Service Team on an as-needed basis to support continuing progress toward the consumer’s behavioral goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assembles the TBS Service Team comprised of the consumer, consumer’s adult caregivers (birth family, foster family, residential staff), and other adults or professional service providers involved in the consumer’s care.
· Convenes the Service Team in a planning meeting to develop the TBS Service Plan.
· Meets and/or supports members of the Service Team on an as-needed basis to provide education and support when necessary and to evaluate/refine the Service Plan.
· Meets with the consumer according to the weekly schedule and delivers interventions according to the consumer’s TBS Service Plan.
· Plans and implements individual and group activities that encourage the consumer’s social and emotional growth.
· Completes all documentation in accordance with Department of Mental Health and Pacific Clinics guidelines.
· Turns in all progress notes within 2 to three business days of the time of service delivery.
· Consults on an as-needed basis with the Team Leader regarding service delivery.
· Attends individual supervision 1-hour per week and group supervision 2 hours per week every other week.
· Submits monthly schedule of available hours and weekly schedule of visits.
· Maintains professional and ethical behavior at all times, appropriately representing Pacific Clinics, its mission and philosophy.
· Develops and enriches a working knowledge of behavioral analysis, behavioral modification techniques, crisis intervention, and other techniques as they to work with the consumer. This includes completing assigned readings and attending supplementary seminars and training.
· Available by pager during duty hours (on-call).
· Responds to crisis situations as required.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training.
· Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
· Responsible for reporting to work on time and maintaining reliable attendance in accordance with Agency policy.
· Models Pacific Clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
· Licensed practitioner of the healing arts or Master’s degree preferred; college degree with one-year full-time experience working in a residential facility, psychiatric hospital, SED designated classroom, day treatment or other equivalent settings or two years of college education and three years of experience as described above; High school diploma and three years of experience as described above or DMH sponsored TBS certification for training and internship.
· Must pass clearance requirements (fingerprints with Live Scan)
· Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy.
· Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation ( CPR) and First Aid Certification.
· Must have a flexible schedule and the willingness to work evenings, split shifts and weekends as required.
· Must be able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to professional boundaries
· Must successfully complete TBS training
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit. The employee is required to use hands to produce records and/or documentation in manual or electronic format. The employee must possess ability to ensure significant communication with the Clinics’ community members. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequent community outreach and local business travel is also required.
Pacific Clinics - 12 months ago
Yucca Valley, CA
- 9 days ago