At Crayola, we believe that unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products give colorful wings to the invisible things that are in the hearts and minds of children. Help us create innovative products that inspire children by joining us as a...
TCE MERCHANDISE BUYER
THE CRAYOLA EXPERIENCE
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Merchandise Buyer is responsible for the development/execution of all aspects of merchandising at the Crayola Store, including visual design, pricing strategy and product development. This role also has responsibility for conducting required business analysis and recommending action plans to the Attractions & Admissions Manager. Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Consistently meet all guest satisfaction measures
- Achieve monthly and seasonal revenue goals
- Deliver proper margin goals and COGS controls to ensure profitability goals are achieved
- Manage inventory and buying decisions and processes for all directly sourced items*
- Develop assortment strategy and prioritization of product development efforts*
- Develop plans for merchandising strategies for approval by management and manage execution of agreed upon plan on the selling floor - create schematics of merchandising for implementation, implement design on the selling floor, etc*
- Develop plans on retail pricing for new and existing merchandise based on researching pricing of retail competitors, Crayola profit margins and TCS selling history/consumer insights. Oversee execution to ensure proper selling price of products*
- Analyze business performance results, develop recommendation and action plans to address issues and capture opportunities for growth. Present plans to management for review.
- Collaborate with Assistant Manager, Retail Operations to identify and recommend mark down action plans for slow moving merchandise. Implement mark down plans – location, display, pricing, etc
- Develop creative and visual design layouts on selling floor as well as display windows. Direct staff to accomplish designs*
- Manage specialty product development, including product ideation, conception, and sourcing. Present plans to management for review. Once reviewed, responsible for execution and organization of lead times, meeting safety requirements required by Crayola standards, ensuring a proper look and feel/visual design, as well as proper trademark usage/registration. *
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in Corporate for input and support for the TCS product development process
- Attend trade shows in order to seek out new products, better pricing, etc.
- Process specialty merchandise invoices and collaborate with Assistant Manager, Retail Operations on inventory invoices
- Provide support to the other retail as well as operational departments, as needed and / or requested.
- Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Participate in Manager of the Day responsibilities
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in business, merchandising, retail or hospitality or related experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years retail merchandising experience.
- Required to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong communication and analytical skills required.
- Retail operations knowledge including inventory control, loss prevention, retail systems, buying, merchandising, guest service and store budget preparation.
- Results oriented.
- Buying and product development experience desired.
- Position requires physical duties involving regularly lifting fixture parts and cartons weighing at least 40 pounds.
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the potential for advancement through the use of creative abilities. Interested candidates MUST apply ON LINE AT www.crayola.com. Click on the "About Crayola" Link and visit our Career Center to apply. No phone calls please. Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in a drug-free and smoke-free setting. M/F/D/V
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crayola LLC via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Crayola LLC in any form without valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Crayola LLC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crayola LLC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Crayola LLC, and we value the partnerships we have built with our vendors. For this reason, Crayola LLC has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by Human Resources at Crayola LLC in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Crayola - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Crayola has cornered the market on colors. The crayon maker's 10 most popular colors include blue, red, violet, green, carnation pink,...