NCI: As the TCTO Technical Writer ( Technical Writer , Senior ) , member will have a primary responsibility to develop, write, edit, test, and verify Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO). TCTO Writer will prepare TCTO documents to implement modifications to the AFNET baseline as directed by AFLCMC/HNID and IAW the AFLCMC/HNI Technical Order Management Plan. Member will analyze security vulnerabilities to determine applicability to AFNET systems. Responsible for lifecycle management of AFLCMC/HNI C3I Infrastructure Division (CID) time compliance technical orders. This position will be located at Hanscom AFB, MA.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Support Technical Order Writers in development, writing, and editing of technical orders.
- Collaborate with AFLCMC/HNID to determine priority levels for each TO and TCTO.
- Evaluate AFCERT TCNO for applicability to the AFLCMC/HNI AFNet System.
- Recommend alternative procedures for security patch availability.
- Monitor and propose guidance for AFNet software upgrades, patches, and bug fixes.
- Analyze patch and upgrade release notifications and propose changes to AFNet systems.
- Ensure published Time Compliance Technical Order’s are made available to Information Assurance personnel to update Approval To Operate documentation.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification required within ninety (90) days from hire.
- Must have a bachelor's degree or certification in Technical Writing, or five (5) years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Experience working with PTC Arbortext.
- Experience working with PTC Windchill PDMLink.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...