POSITION OBJECTIVE – Provide direct instruction to small groups of students at the strategic level of intervention in order to supplement core instruction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Provide explicit and systematic instruction to improve students’ specific skills, strategies, and concept development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE • Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Assist in screening, diagnostic, and progress monitoring assessments.
- Assist in analyzing student data to determine student profile of needs, and for making instructional placement and instructional focus decisions.
- Collaborate and consult with classroom teachers, special education staff, and other specialists in a problem-solving approach to implement the most effective instructional plan for students.
- Work with students of diverse backgrounds and who struggle with academic and motivation issues.
- Develop schedules and flexible groupings of homogeneous skills based on updated student performance data.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior assigned students; and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observe, evaluate, report and record students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare lesson plans and materials according to curriculum guidelines.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods (e.g., lectures, technology, discussions).
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects to students.
- Prepare, administer, assign and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress, reporting grades using District software.
- Prepare student, attendance and activity reports as required by administrators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.; Bilingual Preferred
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION • Current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License, or qualify for Alternative License and have the qualifications needed for the position.
- Master’s degree in related area.
- Three or more years experience working in public school setting.
- Experience and record of success in increasing student achievement.
- Experience or training in evidence-based interventions.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...