This position helps students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates detailed lesson plans and classroom activities such as work sheets, quizzes, or exams for use directly with students
- Responds to students’ academic needs (strengths and weaknesses) and academically challenges all students using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Evaluates students’ progress and performance
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the students’ maturity and interest
- Assists in the on-going development of the school curriculum and processes toward the achievement of curriculum goals
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of clients on a regular basis and seeks assistance of educational specialists as required
- Manages an educational caseload by supporting the educational plan, setting short-term goals, and summarizing achievements in reports for assigned clients
- Assigns lessons and corrects homework
- Supports company’s philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of Care
- Role models and teaches effective supervision and management of clients, interacts meaningfully with clients, and observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Assures and monitors student location and movement.
- Communicates effectively such as using various communication systems effectively, maintains regular communication with employees, peers, and supervisors, and provides constructive feedback to employees, peers, and supervisors.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to client information.
- Demonstrates Professionalism in Performance of Job
- Implements and mentors employees regarding the company’s policies on professional expectations, code of conduct and other practices and procedures, serves as a role model for clients and employees.
- Maintains Safety and Security of clients and facility
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management
- Addresses client grievances as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...