Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
A member of the classroom team responsible for assisting assigned teachers with classroom responsibilities, including caring and educational development for young children.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Attends workshops and/or other approved in-services within or outside the department as required by Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) licensing, Via Christi Hospitals-Wichita and the Director of the CDC.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the KDHE regulations as demonstrated through daily compliance along with the Via Christi Hospitals-Wichita policies.
- Serves as a role model for the children's language development by utilizing appropriate grammar and language. Recognizes and provides for individual and group differences.
- Assists in executing weekly lesson plans developed by the Teacher, serves and cleansup aftermealtime and snacks, preparesthe rest area, puts the children down for naps, and encourages them to rest during nap time.
- Assists in maintaining the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom while allowing for the expressive and creative involvement and interaction of children.
- In Teacher's absence, Teacher Assistant will assume Teacher's role.
- Demonstrates initiative in substituting in needed areas as assigned by management.
- Maintains security and safety in work areas.
- Assists in holding to the financial budget target.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year work experience with young children and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post secondary education in child development preferred.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Communicates with parents and staff in a professional manner at all times.
- Interacts with children in a warm, loving, caring manner as evidenced by tone and volume of voice, and appropriate physical interaction with children.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Able to utilize the intranet and Microsoft Outlook.
- KDHE licensure required within 30 days of employment. Must maintain annual in-service requirements, which require 10 hours of in-services per licensing year.
- Must meet KDHE requirements within 30 days of employment.
- Current Food Handler's Card for Wichita required within 30 days of employment.
- Current BLS certification for Infants required within 30 days of employment.
- Current First aid Training required within 30 days of employment.
- Infant caregivers’ current Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) training required within 30 days of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position and to move from one location to another throughout the CDC, Via Christi, and assigned field trip destinations.
- Able to tolerate frequent standing on hard and soft surfaces throughout the day.
- Frequently performs activities that require reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as child voices and phone calls.
- Frequently able to use all types of vision.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate child needs or environmental issues.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- The work environment consists of an indoor classroom setting with occasional exposure to outside elements, such as weather conditions, when CDC children engage in outdoor activities.
- Occasional local travel is required for field trips.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position serves the parents, children, and staff of the CDC.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Via Christi Health System - 2 years ago