Thank you for your interest in teaching or working for TEAM Schools. We hope that you can find the position you are looking for, but if you can't you can submit your application here for general consideration, and we'll find a fit if there is one. If you are interested in a speicifc postion, please submit your application and resume to that postion instead. Read below for more information on our teaching position qualifications.
Every position is different, but here are some of the requirements all of them share:
Teachers are required to:
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of TEAM and subscribe to KIPP's Five Pillars (High Expectations, Choice and Commitment, More Time, Power to Lead, Focus on Results)
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Possess a strong knowledge of content area
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Exhibit positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Be available for Open Houses, Parent-Teacher Conferences and other events involving parents
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and mapping
- Serve on school committees as needed
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Remain on call in the evenings (via school cell phone) to provide student support
All teachers must meet the following minimum qualifications to be considered at all for a position. Non-instructional and network support roles have different requirements than teaching or instructional roles. Refer to individual job descriptions to learn about those qualifications.
- Must have a minimum of two years teaching experience
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a desire to be a part of a fun, team-oriented, mission-driven school
- Must have a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
TEAM Charter Schools - 8 months ago
TEAM Charter Schools is a network of four KIPP schools in Newark, NJ: SPARK, TEAM, Rise and Newark Collegiate Academy. Our schools are free,...