The Technical Manager is responsible for the team leadership of the technical operations team inclusive of; Process Engineering, Process Technicians, Mold Setters, and Material (resin) Handlers. Will drive year on year technical operations in cost, quality throughput and people development. Develop and control technical operation systems/behaviors.
Desired Skills & Experience
Requirements include BSME or equivalent, technical skills in plastics manufacturing processes - such as molding, tooling, production, assembly, testing and equipment. This position also requires a working knowledge of ISO, GMP and OSHA. Management skills in progressive leadership concepts and people development along with the ability to lead and embrace change is also required.
List of Position Duties
· Recommend and implement process improvement and corrective actions to include process, design changes, automation, and equipment improvement
· Perform research, plan, and design and develop manufacturing processes maximizing efficiencies, analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly and methods and work force utilization
· Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results
· Provide technical leadership for the continual improvement of operation and products, with emphasis on improving competitive advantage and determining appropriate applications of the latest technology that supports that strategic plan
· Analyze and evaluate manufacturing methods and provide solutions for problems that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality
· Manage technical operations to meet and outperform cost standards
FPCNational - 22 months ago