TED Prize | New York, NY, United States
The TED Prize Storyteller will execute the editorial and communications efforts for the $1,000,000 TED Prize. By leveraging the TED community’s resources and investing in a powerful idea, the TED Prize supports one extraordinary individual’s wish to inspire the world:
1. Nominations & Selection
Collaborating with the TED Prize team to tell the stories of nominees and finalists in the most comprehensive, contextualized, and compelling way possible for internal communications with various stakeholders, including those charged with making the final selection each year.
Aiding in preparation of the announcement of the honoree and their wish at the annual TED Conference in Long Beach, Calif.—aimed to inspire the larger TED community, both present and online, to get involved, as well as the press to cover the year’s big wish and the collaborative action inspired by it. Drafting and editing language for corresponding materials that accompany the announcement (i.e. website copy, toolkit and slide text, and other collateral)
Working with the TED Prize team, the honoree, and their organization to create a comprehensive strategic plan around storytelling for the remainder of their prize term, complete with deliverables and focused on a range of platforms (website, social media, infographic, visualization, video/audio, blogging, webinar, high-profile op-eds, etc).
4. Ongoing Communications
Documenting the unfolding action as related to the wish and featuring it on the www.ted.com/prize and TED.com websites, generating transmedia content throughout the prize term, and connecting with both legacy and alternative media—locally, nationally, and internationally.
Curating and maintaining a portfolio of the stories created over the course of the prize term, including a final summary for announcement from the TED Conference in Long Beach.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience working in one or multiple storytelling-focused fields—media, film, radio, communications, development, education etc. Experience developing and cultivating media partnerships is important.
Candidates should find joy in detail, efficiency, logistics and quality, should be comfortable working in a startup-like environment, and execute their job with a sense of humor. Also: we only hire extremely nice people.
- The ideal candidate will possess a B.A. or B.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A curious, strategic, and quick mind
- Experience telling compelling, rigorous stories in multiple platforms about diverse issues
- Expertise and fluency across the latest social media platforms
- Knowledge of global social change and entrepreneurship
- Possess the capacity to help people who are immersed in a project translate that project into language the wider world can understand, and their own diverse network of storytellers, editors, producers, and influencers.
- Basic HTML and CRM skills
- Work well both independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across initiatives
This is a full-time position based in TED’s New York office.
TED - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard