Participate in daily operational function of
branch Teller being responsible for delivery of superior quality service while
adhering to corporate, regulatory, and audit guidelines. Provide timely and
efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records
and thorough proper handling of all monies assigned. Proactively participate in
the sales/quality referral process of the branch as directed by
Essential Duties and
Following is a summary of
the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both
major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may
change from time to time.
1. Provide professional client service, which
includes but is not limited to: performing accurate transactions, greeting the
client, smiling, using the client’s name during the transaction, and
thanking each client for his or her business. Refer clients to other branch
personnel as needed.
2. Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as
accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing
checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing
money orders, cashiers checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
3. Prepare individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other
reports as necessary.
4. Perform more complex transactions (with assistance as necessary) such as:
a. Coupon Collection
b. Issuing Official Checks/Money Orders
c. Large Commercial Deposits
d. Close Out Transactions
e. Cash Advances
5. At the discretion and direction of the supervisor, responsible for collecting
his or her own cash items.
6. Follow all operating procedures as outlined in Branch Operations Manual
7. Handle proportionate volume of work based on branch
Required Skills and
The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to complete teller training in required time frame
3. Demonstrated ability to read, follow written instructions and accurately
complete written reports
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Ability to use office machines and perform basic mathematical functions
6. Demonstrated ability to deliver good client service and provide team
7. Ability to complete Bank training program for Teller
8. Willingness to travel to accommodate temporary staffing needs as required
9. Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
10. Ability to speak fluent English
THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL OPENING. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR FUTURE
OPENINGS.**An electronic assessment is required for this position. Please look
for an e-mail with the subject line "BB&T Teller Vision Assessment Request" the
day after you apply.**
BB&T Human Systems - 21 months ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...