Line of Business: Community Banking Div Group
Job Category: Administrative Support Workers
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to complete teller training in required time frame
3. Demonstrated ability to read, follow written instructions and accurately
complete written reports
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Ability to use office machines and perform basic mathematical functions
6. Demonstrated ability to deliver good client service and provide team
7. Ability to complete Bank training program for Teller
8. Willingness to travel to accommodate temporary staffing needs as required
9. Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
10. Ability to speak fluent English
1. Provide professional client service, which includes but is not limited to:
performing accurate transactions, greeting the client, smiling, using the
client?s name during the transaction, and thanking each client for his or her
business. Refer clients to other branch personnel as needed.
2. Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as
accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing
checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing
money orders, cashiers checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
3. Prepare individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other
reports as necessary.
4. Perform more complex transactions (with assistance as necessary) such as:
a. Coupon Collection
b. Issuing Official Checks/Money Orders
c. Large Commercial Deposits
d. Close Out Transactions
e. Cash Advances
5. At the discretion and direction of the supervisor, responsible for collecting
his or her own cash items.
6. Follow all operating procedures as outlined in Branch Operations Manual
7. Handle proportionate volume of work based on branch demands.
e-mail with the subject line "BB&T Teller Vision Assessment Request" the day
- An electronic assessment is required for this position. Please look for an
after you apply.**
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its commercial...