LifeCell Corporation's portfolio of products includes our well-known soft-tissue repair products for abdominal wall reconstruction, breast reconstruction and breast plastic surgery.
Our portfolio began with AlloDerm
Regenerative Tissue Matrix (RTM), which launched in 1994, and expanded with the launch of Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix in 2008.
In 2012, LifeCell further expanded its portfolio with the launch of AlloDerm
Ready to Use
In 2011, LifeCell introduced SPY
System into the marketplace. The SPY
system helps surgeons to intraoperatively assess tissue perfusion.
In June 2013, LifeCell introduced the REVOLVE™ System to offer fast and efficient fat transfer processing for use in a range of aesthetic and reconstructive procedures.
Position Summary: LifeCell is seeking a TEMP Process Development Technician to work in a dynamic, innovative, entrepreneurial spirited environment where together we are transforming surgery. If you are self-motivated, enjoy a challenge and seek satisfaction knowing your efforts are making a difference in someone’s life, then this opportunity is for you.
The Process Development Technician position is responsible for:
· Laboratory testing for product verification/validation
· Monitoring process and equipment performance
· Executing development initiatives using laboratory and processing equipment in lab/pilot/plant/ productions scale-up environments
· Laboratory testing to demonstrate the ability of the product/device to function as intended (i.e. verification and validation of process)
· Monitor the performance of processes and equipment and make recommendations for continuous improvement
· Ensure that all documentation necessary for studies are in accordance with company guidelines
· Work with the in-house manufacturing group to scale-up, validate, and transfer the commercial manufacturing process
· Ensure inventory levels for all items in the lab are at adequate levels
Position Qualification Requirements:
· Associates Degree in Life Science or related field
· At least 6 months experience executing studies and performing laboratory testing
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, & Outlook
Other Position Qualifications:
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
· Experience testing for product verification/validation
· Experience monitoring the performance of laboratory processes and equipment
· Experience in clean room environments
· Experience with cGMP(current good manufacturing practices), GLP(good lab practices)
· Experience using manufacturing equipment for the medical device industry
· Experience in aseptic process
· Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Ability to provide observations within a developing process and/or study
· Ability to work in a clean room
· Ability to follow work instructions and work scheduled shifts to complete required projects and assignments
In addition to the basic qualifications and other required qualifications listed above, the following preferred qualifications also exist:
· Experience in development of tissues based products
The position exists to conduct laboratory tests that can demonstrate the ability of the product/device to function as intended and/or observations within a study to the group lead and/or supervisor. Less than 20% of the techs time will be vested in lifting materials less than 50lbs. The position also requires the ability to work with solvents, cleaners and disinfecting products and as such requires the individual to function in a clean room environment using test equipment requiring visual acuity and fine motor skills.
The information listed in this Job Description is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This Job Description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this position guide at any time without notice.
Our mission today is the same as it was when we began almost twenty years ago: to improve quality of life for those most in need of our help. It takes committed, caring people to achieve that vision—people with the expertise, creativity and dedication to bring new innovations to life. Maybe someone like you.
LifeCell is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Federal Contractor employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or other legally protected status.
LifeCell Corporation's portfolio of products includes our well-known soft-tissue repair products for abdominal wall reconstruction, breast...