The Marketing Assistant manages and implements the daily duties and creative processes for marketing promotions and programs for the Bible Group as assigned. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Assistant executes the details of marketing plans for each Bible Group program and coordinates campaign activities with sales, production and publishing. Job duties are but are not limited to:
1. Assist Marketing Directors and Manager with execution of promotional plans
2. Manage media plan schedule to ensure all deadlines are met
3. Pull any needed Bible product queries from Camper and enter all marketing copy and data into Camper for each sales cycle
4. Research and create custom Excel spreadsheets with product information or contacts
5. Assist with content for social media posts each week based on new products releasing/being promoted by Thomas Nelson Bibles
6. Assist with monthly reports to trade websites and publications regarding new Thomas Nelson Bibles products
7. Manage banner and eBlast design and deliver ad traffic sheets to Double Click System coordinator to ensure timely delivery of ad tags and click trackers to advertising reps
8. Process accounts payable by coding and processing all invoices, closing POs, and maintaining tracking documents
9. Send Bible review copies to media contacts and key influences, coordinate and implement special mailings
10. Assist with creation of complete Bible catalog including formatting text in Excel & Word, pulling product images, corresponding with design freelancer & routing pages for proofing.
Desired candidate will be extremely detail oriented and have experience in multitasking in the coordination of all aspects of marketing campaigns; strong administrative skills; a passion for the mission of Thomas Nelson Inc; Computer and internet proficiency: PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel; proficient with MSOffice and MAC applications, and social networking; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred candidate will have 1 - 3 years experience within a marketing-related, sales-driven industry preferably publishing, book selling or other retail experience or consumer goods background; relevant and recent experience with social media and Internet tools management; experience with social media engagements, website content management, and vendor management. Passionate interest in new media and emerging technologies is desired.
A 4-year degree in marketing, communications, public relations or marketing-related field; professional marketing experience; under-standing of Bible products is required for this position.
Thomas Nelson - 19 months ago
Thomas Nelson, Inc. is a leading publisher and distributor of books emphasizing Christian, inspirational and family value themes and is the...