TEMPORARY POSITION - THREE TO FOUR MONTHS
Working directly with the Director of Compliance and Privacy, the Privacy Specialist provides business assistance and support to facilitate monitoring and implementation of the HealthNow program in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, HealthNow corporate polices and procedures, New York State Privacy laws and regulations, and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations that impact privacy, security and confidentiality. The incumbent monitors the health care environment for proposed and/or newly promulgated federal and state regulations related to the privacy, confidentiality, and/or security of personal or protected information that may impact HealthNow's Privacy program and works to ensure HealthNow's compliance with said rules.
Primary Job Duties:
- Serves as an internal HealthNow Privacy subject matter expert which includes: a) maintaining current knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and standards that affect privacy, security and confidentiality; b) initiating new programs and procedures as regulatory requirements evolve; c) developing and maintaining strong relationships with applicable corporate and divisional departments to determine best practice procedures for regulatory requirements such as confidential communications, accounting of disclosures, etc.; d) analyzing and responding to specific privacy questions; and e) ensuring all specific privacy requirements are communicated to Business Unit Privacy Representatives and disseminated through departments
- Reviews and responds to reports of potential breaches of protected health information. Collaborates with applicable business units to determine the cause of the incident, best mitigation of the incident, etc. Ensures the performance of a risk assessment and that all regulatory requirements with respect to PHI breaches under applicable federal and state laws such as the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, the New York State General Business Law, and the New York State Technology Law are met. Assists the Compliance and Privacy Officer with compliance reviews, investigations and formal complaints
- Evaluates and approves various correspondence related to HIPAA authorizations. Serves as primary contact for customer service questions and assistance with reviewing, expediting form review and approval and evaluating permitted PHI disclosures. Assists with the evaluation and monitoring data transfer request that requires the approval of Corporate Privacy prior to transmission, primarily the data transfers required for the internal audit department.
- Develpsp and conducst annual review of departmental and corporate policies, procedures, forms, logs, and documentation related to privacy compliance. Serves as either primary reviewer and author or second-level reviewer. Maintains the policy and procedures on the intranet and any other privacy department owned documents
- Works under the direction of the Compliance and Privacy Officer to perform periodic privacy risk assessments and conduct ongoing compliance monitoring activities. Works directly with Corporate Training to conduct any training needs and assist with the maintenance of the HIPAA on-line training program. Conducts the new hire orientation program to provide a department overview and HIPAA training. Assists in the coordination of department responses to and deliverables for external accreditation and regulatory audits (e.g., Federal Employee Program, BlueCross BlueShield Association, New York State regulatory bodies, HealthNow employer groups, etc.) of HealthNow's compliance with various regulatory and contractual requirements
- Performs other related duties as required
- Knowledge of state, preferably New York State, Insurance, Public Health, Mental Health and other state and federal laws that relate to privacy, confidentiality and security of personal or protected information and proven demonstration of the application of these rules
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products
- Self-motivated, detail and task oriented, excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding strategic, departmental and customer matters
- Ability to work independently and as part of team while managing multiple priorities effectively, efficiently, and accurately
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with HealthNow customer service standard operating procedures with emphasis on the customer service, group, subscriber/family and member notes application
- Ability to independently utilize the Facets/Streamline system with an emphasis on the customer service, group, subscriber/family and member notes applications
- Experience in federal and state legislative/regulatory research
- Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of significant experience working with the HIPAA Privacy Regulations and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act in a healthcare, legal or administrative setting
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...