Please ONLY submit your resume if you MEET the following requirements and experience
FIELD ELECTRICAL TEST ENGINEER
Seeking qualified Electrical Engineers in Power Systems for field construction supervision and commissioning of control and protection improvements in medium and high voltage substations . Responsible for the test and start-up of electrical systems at substations from 4.8kV to 34.5kV. Perform wiring check, new control system functional test, protection system test and supervise re-energization of the electrical system. Provide marked-up, as-built drawings of retrofitted system
1.Bachelor /Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
2.MUST have experience with electrical substations and/or generating stations for the
commissioning of control and protection retrofit projects.
3.Familiar with protective relays (SEL)
4.Familiar with breaker control schemes
5.At least 5+ years of related experience
6.Familiar with the Electrical Code and other nationally recognized electrical standards adopted by the City of Los Angeles and other codes such as NERC, FERC, and WECC.
6.Good communication skills
7.A valid California Driver License
8.Authorization to work in the USA
- The work will involve testing equipment such as protective relays, revenue meters, transformers, circuit breakers,generators, capacitors, arrestors, cables, and associated power system equipment.
- Oversee the retrofit of substations with solid state relays.
- Coordinate and supervise progressive cutover construction work, by construction forces, consisting of the removal of old electrical wiring/equipment and the installation of new wiring/equipment in operating substations.
- Check quality control and quality assurance activities to insure conformity with specifications, engineering standards, and various local, state, and federal codes
- Assist and prepare reports on the inspection and operating characteristics of transmission and distribution equipment
- Conduct load, voltage, temperature, electrolysis tests of system lines, cables, facilities, and equipment.
- Calculate capacity of electrical wiring, switches, and overcurrent protection to comply with pertinent code requirements and City standards
- Prepare written reports and provide documentation
- Train and support Client personnel.
Indeed - 17 months ago