Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital the Department of Advanced Clinical Information Systems is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for aTesting/Quality Assurance Analyst.
* Demonstrates general competence/knowledge of the healthcare setting and electronic medical records (EMR), overall information technology systems and concepts, software and quality assurance testing methodologies and best practices, and types of application testing.
* Serves as an effective communicator of the team and department. Expresses ideas clearly and effectively, adjusting language, terminology and style to audience needs.
* Manages personal responsibilities that support the achievement of departmental/team goals. Works effectively and collaboratively with others within the team, department, and customer department(s) to accomplish organizational goals/needs.
* Actively promotes and supports departmental testing strategy and related procedures. Supports the testing manager and departmental leadership in the on-going testing education and awareness building.
* Assists application team with the preparation and development of testing plans. Performs quality assurance on the content, completeness, and logical flow of testing scripts developed by the application teams. Validates completeness of workflow documentation. Provides feedback and documentation to management and teams.
* Maintains and updates testing standards documentation at the direction of the testing manager. Ensures compliance of testing standards through all levels of testing.
* Performs black-box testing and assists/supports end-users in integrated testing. Assists applications teams with regression testing.
* Coordinates and schedules testing status meetings for system, integrated, regression, and negative testing. Coordinates and schedules testing events including participants, location, equipment, and documentation. Monitors and documents progress and outcomes of testing events. Conducts kickoff meetings for testing events.
* Actively participates in status meetings, workflow design sessions, and other project/departmental meetings where topics impacting testing and testing scripts are developed or are impacted.
* Supports application teams to document and present summarized testing results to Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Healthcare Information Technology Services management for related testing activities
* Assists with QA audits of electronic medical record for purposes of testing and training development.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree in Informatics, Clinical, HIM, CIS, MIS, IT,or related field required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of two years proven experience in electronic medical record (EMR) testing, EMR support, or related testing methodology experience.
* Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, analytical, detailed-oriented, verbal and written communication skills required.