TITLE: Safety Coordinator
TYPICALLY REPORTS TO: SAFETY MANAGER
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Allocate approximately 90% of his/her time performing observations/safety audits in the field
- Perform periodic audits of Critical Behaviors (BBP Observations), Operating Disciplines (OD Audits), Safe Work Permits, Lock Out Tag Out, and Safety Task Analysis Cards
- Perform periodic audits of work activities to verify work is being performed safely and within the scope of applicable SWP, LOTO, STAC documents
- Perform daily housekeeping audits for identification/correction of hazards
- Coordinate with EH&S Delivery Technicians to complete any required training in a timely manner
- Immediately communicate any significant EH&S issues to the responsible EH&S Delivery Technician and to TIC’s Site Safety Manager
- Provide support to shift supervisors on all safety related issues
- Coach Operation personnel on hazard awareness/recognition
- Attend regularly scheduled EH&S Responsible Care Team meetings and safety meetings e.g. net meetings, tailgate meetings, shift change meetings
- Conduct Respirator Fit Testing on others as needed
- Conduct DOT and Non-DOT drug screens as needed
- Utilize “TIC Safety Tech. Activity Log” to document daily safety activities. Submit completed activity log electronically to the Sit Safety Manager for weekly review
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Four-year occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or industrial related safety and health experience. Thorough understanding of all federal, state, local, company and client regulations. Ability to recognize hazardous situations and recommend corrective measures is essential. Good interpersonal and communications skills required.
COMMENTS: Position typically utilized on large project sites, however, may assume total responsibility for safety and health on smaller projects.
POSITION Frequency : None Occasional Frequent Continuous
a. Sit ____ ___X____ ________ __________
b. Stand ____ _________ ___X____ __________
c. Walk ____ _________ ___X____ __________
d. Drive ____ ___X____ ________ __________
e. Squat or Kneel ____ _________ ___X____ __________
f. Bend ____ _________ ___X____ __________
g. Twist ____ _________ ___X____ __________
h. Crawl ____ _________ ___X____ __________
i. Climb ____ _________ ___X____ __________
DESCRIPTION: This position requires a great deal of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions under considerable pressure and within timetables. The position also requires working long hours from time-to-time as business necessitates.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS: Able to work at various heights, the employee will be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather.
Kiewit Corporation - 18 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...