Works under the direct supervision of an assigned supervisor to process applications for motor vehicle titles and registrations.
EEOC CODE: 60
GRADE: 36 Minimum Qualifications 1. Two (2) years experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping or statistical work; and
2. Graduated from an accredited High School or possess GED.
3. (Experience working in a Motor Vehicle Department preferred.)
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must pass criminal background check. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Process applications for motor vehicle titles and registrations.
2. Compute license fees and applicable sale of tax.
3. Examines and determines proper documents required to support title applications.
4. Answers telephone and provides information relative to title applications.
5. Maintains a cash drawer that is balanced daily.
6. Checks records of Traffic Violation Bureau for the purpose of late renewals.
7. Replaces lost or stolen plates.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of the laws and procedures that apply to Motor Vehicle Registration.
2. A familiarity with basic data processing or statistical techniques.
3. Skills to operate selected office machines or data processing auxiliary equipment.
4. Knowledge of departmental procedures.
5. Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers.
6. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluation of decision and/or situation and preparing information.
7. Ability to perform simple arithmetic computations.
8. Knowledge of computer applications.
9. Good use of business English.
Work Location 150 Washington Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38103 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 18 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...