Posting Job Title: TOC Analyst, Business Class
Requisition #: 147697BR
Posting Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable's Commercial Engineering Department currently seeks a TOC Analyst in Brooklyn, NY.
Please find below a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Education & Experience:
- Collect and store all outage information, giving periodic updates and confirming restoration of service, or following escalation or ticket process.
- Proactively monitor all areas of the Time Warner Cable HFC system. This includes tracking and preparing for Pay-Per-View and TV events, special or unique weather conditions, planned construction or maintenance activities, temperature, intrusion alarms and any event/plant related issues impacting Business Class HFC customers.
- Track and establish trends based on pending trouble call problem codes/trouble call fix codes. Compare current activity against these trends. Recommend corrective action when necessary.
- Monitor repeat trouble call customers forward unresolved issues to technical management. Maintain customer contact throughout the resolution process.
- Comprehend and use TOC process flows to effectively respond to and manage all outage requirements.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers on an ongoing basis. Also keep a positive attitude throughout the workday and strive to be a team player.
- Establish on-going communications with members of the technical team, supervisors, managers, contractors, and all other appropriate people or companies involved in a declared outage.
- Provides training and feedback to TOC employees to improve overall knowledge and response time to the customer. Provide feedback and recommendations to management on training needs as appropriate and provide management detailed shift reports.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of all TWC products and the ability to use appropriate terms and acronyms when discussing PPV, VOD, Fiber, HSD, Plant and Telephony.
- Demonstrated ability to use ASCR, Unified, CMIT, Webnostics, iEventrak, Alerting System, email, IM, MS Excel & Word & IE.
Familiarity with network topology.
Materials and Equipment used:
- Personal computers.
- All products provided to TWC customers, including HSD, Video, VOD, DVR, Wireless Networking, Digital Phone.
- Ancillary products used in conjunction with TWC products, including HD & SD TVs, wireless gateways and bridges, plasma & LCD TVs, personal computers.
- Vehicle - Valid drivers license with clean driving record.
No travel required.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 8341
Controlling Establishment ID: 00463 - Brooklyn Paidge Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 4 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...