This position is responsible for providing support to Export Account Representative with bookings, shipments coordination, PO follow up and attending phones. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Work and communicate with other members of the Company to create an effective team. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15/HR
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Possess (1) year of experience in the ocean shipping industry. To include; export documentation, coordinating inland trucking for LCL/FCL (Less/Full Container Load), and cargo consolidation.
- Familiar with export shipping documents such as Shipper Export Declaration (SED), Ocean Bill of Lading (OBL) documents, airway bills
- Intermediate computer skills (in programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong time management skills. Must be able to prioritize.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
- Familiarity with air transportation/shipments
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations (Federal Maritime Commission, U.S. Customs, environmental and hazardous, import/export).
- Familiarity with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and shipping terms.
- Experience and knowledge with AS-400.
- Ability to type 45-50 WPM.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment in both, English and Spanish.
- Ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing projects delegated by supervisor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and other individuals s/he may have to contact in order to perform her/his job.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries regarding the areas and/or countries s/he works with.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks LTL shipments in route to our consolidation facility, secures warehouse receipts documentation, updates tracing reporting and submits to customers.
- Matches export documents with warehouse receipts
- Assists with export shipment booking process,
- Coordinate pick up / delivery of cargo locally and over the road.
- Requests from customer export documentation (Commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of origin, IMO, etc)
- Work with the warehouse operations to track and prepare loading specs of cargoes as per customer requirements.
- Work with customer suppliers to track their purchase orders (PO) availability, coordinate pick up if required, and update our PO managements systems with the cargo and documents events.
- Attends to high volume incoming phone calls, extensive follow-up and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Acts as back up for our other traffic coordinators.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned by management
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Airfreight & Ocean Manager; does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy with phones and other working personnel.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.