Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Trainer in our Healthcare Information Technology Services Department.
- Becomes an expert on a specific application(s), understanding current business processes and workflows.
- Develops training materials to educate end-users to learn the new applications to support modified processes and workflows.
- Tests and maintains the training environment.
- Provide training to other trainers who will provide training to system end-users, including physicians, clinicians, administration and staff.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and issues in healthcare, current education practices, healthcare informatics, national and state-wide standards and regulations, enterprise policies and procedures as related to clinical practice, and the legal implications of clinical systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
- 2 years experience in training development and delivery of adult education curriculum.
- Training experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Ability to understand current workflows and effectively teach how to use a new tool to support those workflows.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication needed.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint or related office productivity software required.