The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Employment of People with Disabilities -
Schedule A, click
for additional information
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Non-DoD Transfer (
, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
30% Disabled Veterans
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Back to top
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Course Unstructured and Program Director for the Epidemiology, prevention and Infection Control (EPIC program and to provide consultation in the EPIC field.
- Instructs students through assigned blocks of instruction at basic and/or advanced levels.
- Maintains proficiency and technical expertise; Develops and/or revises lesson plans and training materials.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the EPIC Program, ensuring that the program complies with the
Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) requirements and meets customer needs.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include k
nowledge of a wide range of conventional concepts, principles, and practices associated with training program management sufficient to independently develop, conduct, and evaluate difficult, but well-precedented formal and informal training programs; knowledge of the methods, principles, practices, and programs related to curriculum development, instructional techniques, training resources, and test and measurement; knowledge of DoD, AF, major command, and civilian regulatory agency directives, concepts, procedures, guidance, and policy as they relate to the area of responsibility, as well as knowledge of the installation/command mission and organization.
- Functions as a technical consultant for Epidemiology, Prevention and Infection Control.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of instruction to include the use of training aids and
devices used in training programs.
2. Knowledge of infection control regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of instructional design; materials development for assigned courses; and tests and measurement
principles, techniques and objectives.
4. Ability to gather, develop, and analyze a variety of data and to make recommendations based on analysis.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Knowledge of epidemiology, infection control, communicable disease, occupational health, and environmental
health to include references, resources, guidelines, laws and AF instructions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. A bachelors degree in nursing is highly desirable. A minimum of 4 years of infection control experience is
desirable. Association of Professional in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) membership is highly
desirable. Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology is preferred.
2. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
3. Incumbent may be subject to work other than normal duty hours.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
1. Work will consist of a moderate amount of standing for effective instruction
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, April 25, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 877781. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
Bldg 2263 Rm B110
FT SAM HOUSTON ,
Department of the Air Force - 15 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...