Expected starting salary range is $32,000 – $36,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.
Main Campus (Gainesville)
If other work location
This Training Specialist position performs highly skilled work and extensive problem solving in information technology support, applications, and training. This person is responsible for creating training materials and workshops for Microsoft, Adobe and other desktop computing applications. They work with a dynamic team of individuals and provide daily support for computer training rooms and the training environment. This person will train groups of people as well as provide individualized instruction and support to the faculty and staff of UF&Shands Academic Health Center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB :
1. Plans, organizes and administers in-service training programs
a) Plans workshops according to stated needs of organization on a monthly basis
b) Organizes training sessions for internal trainers and external users of training facilities
c) Administers training through use of online and internal databases
2. Conducts workshops
a) Conducts onsite workshops
b) Conducts workshops at alternate HSC sites in Gainesville and Jacksonville
3. Plans layouts for printed materials
a) Creates documentation for workshops and guides others in their use
b) Creates electronic tutorials to enhance workshops
c) Assists in maintaining web pages
4. Develops and implements methodologies to assess training needs
a) Responds to customers’ email and phone questions with regards to software assistance
b) Meets with customers one on one
c) Assists with design and implementation of IT Training Needs Assessments
Time schedule may vary to accommodate training room schedule for faculty and staff of the HSC . Travel to HSC Jacksonville once every other month for training is expected.
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
1. HS Diploma and six years of any combination of relevant training experience, education and/or certification
2. Demonstrated technical skills
3. Working knowledge of technologies within area of assignment
4. Ability to work well with clients, team members and external entities
5. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written in American English)
6. Extensive experience with delivering technology training to customers and personnel of diverse rank and levels of technical expertise.
7. Ability to plan work and set priorities, both independently and in conjunction with supervisor.
8. Ability to keep current with changes in technology.
9. Ability to acquire new skills through self-study and examination of pertinent documentation.
10. Ability to work with people under demanding circumstances, while maintaining a professional, pleasant and helpful demeanor.
11. Understands and fosters concepts of positive and productive interpersonal relationships and human behaviors, including active listening, respect, and trust in support of effective working relationships among staff.
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 with your application for consideration.
Open Until Filled:
University of Florida UFL - 12 months ago