The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
TRANSPORTATION CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN 4
Work Location: 3770 E. Huntington Dr., Flagstaff, AZ
Position Description: This position serves as a lead technician, monitors and evaluates contractor performance for compliance with ADOT Standard Specifications, standard drawing and project specific plans and Special Provisions as well as Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Arizona Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or U.S. E.P.A. and U.S. Department of Labor regulations and laws; will provide direction to subordinate employees; assist project supervisor in scheduling, monitoring and mentoring inspection staff. The position performs a variety of highly technical activities related to inspection on highway construction projects, hot mix plants, concrete plants and environmental best management practices employed at all of these sites; performs technical materials tests and assist district surveyor Position also demonstrates expertise regarding contract requirements, policies and procedures relating to highway construction and inspection. Verifies and reviews project-related plans, specifications, and documentation to ensure adherence to the State and agency standards covered in the ADOT Plans, Specifications and Construction Manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Materials and equipment used for highway construction.
- Principles of ADOT Standards Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction.
- Construction inspection, survey and testing methods, procedures and techniques. Project related contract, plans, specifications and documentation using approved record keeping and documentation procedures.
- Work scheduling and management.
- Use of computers to analyze and prepare of data.
- Written and verbal communication.
- PEN software application (in all modules).
- Advanced Mathematical calculations.
- Interpersonal relations as applied in difficult situations.
Ideal Candidate: Will have fours years experience or 2 years journey level experience in operating survey equipment, inspection of highway construction projects, hot mix and concrete plants, performing administrative or advance engineering and construction records maintenance or related duties; or a Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology or closely related profession may be substituted for the required experience. ATTI and ACI Certification is preferred.
- Work outdoors for extended time, exposed to heat, cold, dust and noise, near high speed traffic.
- Travel and work odd hours including some weekends and holidays.
- Analyze data.
- Communicate technical details to non-user.
Note: This position does not require a Commercial Drivers License, but preference is given to candidates that holds a CDL. This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless other wise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 21 months ago