Position entails analyzing most cost effective inland moves utilizing the most reliable resources at its disposal and updating of shipment status in our system as well as coordination of inland moves. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
• 2 to 3 years’ experience handling logistical administration of local/long haul trucking moves both FCL and LTL.
• Intermediate computer skills in programs such as Excel and Outlook and at a basic level in MS Word.
• Ability to communicate in English effectively at an intermediate level (speak, read and write) in a business environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Proven analytical and strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and fellow employees.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Ability to follow procedures and instructions as well as ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to prepare a variety of reports.
• Strong organization and time-management skills.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries from departmental managers or subdivisions regarding inland move rates.
• Ability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends, as needed.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
• The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
• The employee is continuously required to sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Analyzes most cost effective manner to move Full Trailer/Container (FTL/FCL) and Less than Trailer Load (LTL) cargo inland from most reliable sources.
o Quotes inland moves to pricing and commercial divisions providing support to customer service and commercial employees dealing with customers for inland moves.
o Assigns the trucking company and coordinates and tacks the timely pickup and delivery of all shipments.
o Responsible to receive notifications from customers when containers/trailers are empty and available and manages the empty pick of containers within the Seaboard Solutions yards.
o Enters and maintains inland Truck and rail costs in the data base.
o Re-routes cargo based on customer requirements.
o Responsible for the invoicing of domestics Inland shipments
o Assist Management in the vetting process of Trucking vendors
o Assists Claims department in gathering rail information.
o Develops an understanding of customer’s needs, and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
o Maintains and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to the logistics activity.
o Performs related duties as assigned.
• Indoors office; exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
• Receives direct supervision from the Logistics Manager and indirect supervision from the Vice President. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
• The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.